Saturday, December 10, 2011

Work Trip to Fairbanks

I had the opportunity to take a three day trip with one of my colleagues to Fairbanks Alaska for work. We were presenting our Services to one of the hospitals in hopes of winning a contract. While I was there, I was able to do a few little site seeing things and enjoy the 8 degree weather! It is always hard being away from the family, but I arm myself with my journal and some pictures so they are always with me. Below are some pics from the trip.


First Stop was Santa Clause's House in North Pole, Alaska.




If I was going to go all the way to the North Pole, I have to sit on Santa's lap!!


http://www.santaclaushouse.com/visit.asp



In Alaska in the winter the days are really short. This picture a was taken around 1pm. This is about as high as the sun got all day. Sunrise was at 10:49 and sunset was at 2:49.



Last stop was the Alyeska Pipe Line. The 800-mile-long Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) is one of the world's largest pipeline systems. Starting in Prudhoe Bay on Alaska’s North Slope, TAPS stretches through rugged and beautiful terrain to Valdez, the northernmost ice-free port in North America. Since pipeline start up in 1977, Alyeska - TAPS' operator - has successfully transported more than 16 billion barrels of oil.

Holding it up!
http://www.alyeska-pipe.com/Default.asp

Sunset at 2:49 pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...