Wednesday, March 30, 2011

First Steps

This past weekend my family and I made a trip to California for a very unfortunate reason. My wife’s grandmother past away at the age of 89 years old. We have had some great times with her and she was able to meet my little girls see what beautiful little ladies they are. We are so lucky to have her in our life and now feel secure that she is at home with God. On the trip one of the coolest things happened and I was able to witness it. One of my twin daughters began to stand on her own and take her first few steps. We were in the hotel getting ready to go and I look over and see her on all fours getting ready to stand up! It was really cool. She would wobble back and forth and then fall over…very cute. Later on that evening, there were about 20 family members who went out to dinner. After we ate and everyone was socializing, I took my daughter to the corner to work on standing. Before you knew it, she had everyone’s attention and started to take a couple steps in my direction. Everyone was cheering and it was amazing. That was the proudest I have been as a daddy to this date. I can handle all the blowouts, puke and diapers for moments like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...